Pilot review guidelines
We learn from our mistakes.
Smart people learn from other people’s mistakes.
Participating in the script review process ensures we explore and correct those mistakes.
Get it right and we can take all of the works to market in 2019.
Order of review
- USA – Joseph DiFrancesco
- Africa – Ebuka Okparauzoma
- Russia – Nikita Ivanenko
- Australia – David Steinhoff
- UK – Geoff Dupuy-Holder
- Germany – Julia Rustemeier
- China – Zhu Yudong (No page exists for Sentient China yet)
Just a reminder…
The genocide of humanity by an alien life-form is the inciting incident, however, the survivors in the pilot don’t yet realise what has happened.
In the meantime, the interpretation of the event and the course of action the survivors take leads to conflict.
Important reference material
New and very important – ‘Everything you need to know about the alien life-form.’ (This information improves the potential for drama and contains important updates to the formula).
Latest Pilot formula guide – updated August 2018, (scroll down to the second page on to view the act by act guide).
The original Pilot formula guide– The original and comprehensive guide.
Sentiology – The science of the Sentient.
The Writers’ guide – Writing tools.
Please ensure you read the reference material and that your reviews are based on the latest formula guide’s recommendations. If you find fault with the formula you may choose to review the formula itself.
Your input will be viewed in concert with others.
We strongly encourage our Authors to participate in the review process.
There is a range of tasks available.
Points per task range up to 5000.
Choose which task you would like to do.
You can and should do more than one.
Where are the scripts for review?
Each script, starting with Sentient – USA will be posted at the bottom of the site in the recent posts section.
Review task one
Read, rate and comment for 1000 points.
- Read the reference material so you know what the review should be based on, (at the very minimum, Everything you need to know about the alien life-form and the latest formula guide.
- Read the script
- Rate it using the 1- 5, star review system that features on the posts
1 star = poor
2 stars = OK but not engaging
3 stars = engaging but it needs serious work
4 stars = very engaging
5 stars = a page turner
- Log in to the Sentient.TV site and leave a comment on how the work can be improved at the bottom of the post for that script’s review. The comment must be no longer than two short paragraphs.
- Confirm you have completed this for your points by emailing the HOD at email@example.com or messaging via the site, (the safest bet).
Review task two
Read, rate, (using the star guide) then create a review based on the formula guide for 3500 points.
- Create a Word / PDF document based on the guide, (the guide gives an act by act guide).
- The Author’s work may fall outside of that page count and plot point guide. That’s OK. Go with your gut and critique the work based on the formula and your read of it. Your review should be no more than 7 pages and no less than 2 pages.
- Email your review to the HOD at firstname.lastname@example.org or send the work to this dropbox address. Confirm you have done this using the Sentient.tv site’s messaging system.
Review task three
Read, rate,(using the star guide), then answer the author’s 10 questions listed on the post for 2000 points.
We ask each Author to create a list of 10 questions they seek answers to. Read and answer the questions using the Download the Word document embedded in the post, answer the questions and send your work to the HOD at email@example.com or send the work to this dropbox address. Confirm you have done this using the Sentient.tv site’s messaging system. They will be posted to the site for viewing. You may contact the Author directly to seek clarity re the Qs.
Review task two and three combo
Complete task two and three for 5500 points.
Review the Pilot formula for 1000 points
The Pilot formula has been designed by the HOD (Head of Development).
Read the formula.
Identify potential flaws;
- Sci-fi genre
Make your recommendations for improvement.
Can you suggest improvements or point out faults in the formula? Create a 1-3 page report in Word and send your work to the HOD at firstname.lastname@example.org or send the work to this dropbox address. Confirm you have done this using the Sentient.tv site’s messaging system.